I hear so many people say they’ve created mood boards, wandered the isles of their favorite home stores, thumbed through countless magazines, searched online for hours on end and still can’t decide how to move forward with their project. Is this you too? If so, you’re probably overwhelmed and your vision may be vague. Need clarity? Hire an Interior Designer!
Interior Designers are trained to do everything from space planning, furniture layouts, fabric selection, color consultations and so much more. Some designers specialize in particular areas, such as kitchen and bath. If you’ve never worked with a designer you might find it intimidating, but I’m certain you’ll find the benefits are well worth it. Below are a few reasons you’ll want a designer as your “teammate”:
- Designers can keep you on BUDGET and SAVE you time and effort. A designer has countless resources and can save you endless amounts of time researching products and prices.
- Designers not only have resources but they have home improvement contacts. They have the potential to save you time by identifying reliable contractors, electricians, plumbers, painters and other trades for your project. A designer can also help you avoid costly mistakes that may help you save money and increase the value of your home.
- Designers are able to “bridge a working relationship” between you and your architect or contractor. They may head off design misses in your overall plan. It’s important that lighting and furnishing needs are addressed before construction. For example: if your living room sofa is floating in the room you’ll want to ensure you have floor outlets in the construction plan. This is critical in managing time and money.
- Designers offer an extra set of eyes. Their eyes are trained to notice things that you may not see. They can give you a professional assessment and provide you with an action plan. A design plan is key in determining what can be repurposed or eliminated. This will help you to spend your money more efficiently.
- Designers can help bring the “WOW Factor” you’ve been hoping for. They envision the overall picture that clients often cannot. Thinking outside and inside the box is what a designer does.
- Interview more than one designer. Ask questions. Ensure they are qualified to do the job. Are they certified? Do they have insurance? What’s their experience? Most of all make sure you connect with them and can see yourself working along side them.
Coastal Design by Kim is located in Destin and proudly serves the beautiful Emerald Coast. With 18 years interior design service, Kim prides herself in creating a beautiful, functional space for YOU! Schedule your appointment today at at (850) 904-6622 or via email at email@example.com.